What should we expect in terms of marketing predictions for 2020 and beyond? Many experts have already voiced their predictions and I’ve compiled them for you.
This series of posts is now an annual feature on this blog. However, this year they’ll be shorter and published weekly.
2020 & Beyond Marketing Predictions
This post covers the Marketing Predictions for 2020 through 2025. This post covers loyalty marketing, marketing in general, CX as well as marketing automation.
Please note that some of these predictions are in French. They are indicated with FR – before the prediction.
Customer Experience (CX)
- Business in 2020: How Marketers Can Own the Customer Experience, exchangewire.com by Lindsay Rowntree May 3, 2017
- Will CX Pros Still Have A Job In 2025? The Forrester Blog For Marketing Leadership Professionals by Rebecca Wilson, Nov. 19, 2018
- FR – Air Canada lancera son propre programme de fidélisation en 2020, actusmedias.com May 16, 2017
Marketing in general
- Nordstrom VP warns retailers ‘Put customers in driver’s seat, or be dead by 2020‘, from Latest Mobile content from Econsultancy by Heather Taylor
- Coca-Cola and L’Oreal want to double up by 2020, from 4A’s SmartBrief
- CMOs expect major changes by 2020, warc.com by Warc
- Why Today’s (2016) Great CMOs will be the CEOs of 2020, blogs.gartner.com by Kirsten Newbold, Feb25, 2016
- What Strategic Programs Will Define Marketing Departments in 2020?, marketingcharts.com Apr 22
- The Marketing Statistics You Need for 2020, smartinsights.com by Robert Allen Mar 27, 2017
- UK Government publishes digital transformation strategy 2017-2020, econsultancy.com by Ben Davis Feb 10, 2017
- Six Marketing Questions You Won’t Be Asking in 2023, Gartner Blog Network by Benjamin Bloom, Jan. 2019
- Marketing Automation Will Hit $7.63 Billion By 2025: Report, mediapost.com May 31, 2017