Are you already wondering what digital advertising predictions for 2020 will look like? I’ve compiled a whole bunch of digital advertising predictions for 2020 and beyond.
This series of posts is now an annual feature on this blog. However, this year they’ll be shorter and published weekly.
2020 & Beyond Digital Advertising Predictions
This post covers digital advertising predictions from 2020 through 2067. They cover ad blocking, programmatic, as well as SEM. Note that Video, Mobile and Social Media will be treated in separate and upcoming posts.
Please note that some of these predictions are in French. They are indicated with FR – before the prediction.
- Ad Blocking Will Cost U.S. Publishers $12B By 2020, mediapost.com May 19, 2016
- Also on Digiday,
- Digital Ads To Exceed $285B By 2020, $27B Lost With Ad Blockers, mediapost.com Jun 28, 2016
Real-Time Bidding / Programmatic
- Google Wants to Make Mobile, Video and Programmatic ‘Revolutions’ Blasé by 2020, adweek.com by Christopher Heine Sep 27, 2016
- 62% of brands to move programmatic buying in-house by 2022, smartbrief.com Dec 21, 2017
Search Engine Marketing / Paid Search
- Local SEO for mobile to drive mobile ad spending through 2020, smartbrief.com Jun 17
- What will local SEO look like in 2020?, Smart Insights by Expert commentator, Nov.3 2018
- Analyst: Apple to make $2B from search ads by 2020, IAB SmartBrief, Oct.23 2018
- Also from MediaPost.com: MediaDailyNews
- Search, Social To Drive 67% Of Ad Growth By 2020, Zenith Estimates, MediaPost.com: MediaDailyNews, Sept.2018
- 3 SEO Predictions I made in 2005 – Was I Right? What About Search in 2025?, toprankblog.com by Lee Odden, Nov 12, 2014
- Will People Still Be Googling in 50 Years?, emarketer.com Nov 13, 2017
- Forrester: Digital media to reach $118B by 2021, thedrum.com Jan 30, 2017
- Half Of Paid Searches Voice Activated By 2020, mediapost.com May 17, 2017
- Why we need to stop repeating the “50% by 2020” voice search prediction, Posts from the Econsultancy blog by Rebecca Sentance