Will 2020 the year of IoT? Wait, what is IoT again? It stands for Internet of Things and it includes most connected devices that communicate with each other (M2M / machine 2 machine). I’ve compiled a whole bunch of IoT predictions for you.
This series of posts is now an annual feature on this blog. However, this year they’ll be shorter and published weekly.
2020 & Beyond IoT Predictions
This post covers Internet of Things predictions from 2020 through 2030. They cover beacons, smart watches, connected devices, as well as wearables.
Please note that some of these predictions are in French. They are indicated with FR – before the prediction.
- By 2020 Beacons will Distribute 1.6 Billion Coupons to Smartphones, audiencescan.com by Courtney Huckabay
- Gartner: 250M connected cars by 2020 as part of Internet of Things expansion, smartbrief.com Jan 27
Connected Devices / IoT
- In the Kitchen of 2020, Fridges Sing and Countertops Find Recipes, mashable.com by Samantha Murphy Kelly, Jan 7, 2014
- Samsung: By 2020, all of our products will be connected to the web, mashable.com by Samantha Murphy Kelly
- IoT platform to grow to €2.4bn in 2020, advanced-television.com, May 1, 2015
- Internet of Things Spending to Reach 1.7 Trillion by 2020, clickz.com by Yuyu Chen Jun 5
- Forecast: Connected devices will reach 34 billion by 2020, smartbrief.com Jan 25
- Also on WARC
- By 2020, 50% of everyday essential products will be auto replenished through IoT, blogs.gartner.com by Robert Hetu, Dec 21, 2016
- Global IoT spending will top $1 trillion in 2020, warc.com by Warc, Dec 11, 2017
- IHS: 125bn connected IoT devices by 2030, advanced-television.com, Oct 25, 2017
- Report: Global wearable devices market to reach nearly $6B by 2021, healthdatamanagement.com Feb 10, 2017
- How the wearables market will evolve by 2026, smartbrief.com